Thursday, July 17, 2008

From the City Streets to the Forest Paths











Every time we tour the west coast we pass close to Glacier National Park.  And every time we do, there is always something to keep us from visiting: sleet, snow, or a show deadline.  This trip though, Dad put his foot down and we pulled over and surrounded ourselves in the wilderness.  We have seen more wildlife in this trip than at almost any other National park; the exception being Yellowstone.  
One of the most interesting things about traveling is learning to live in all kinds of environments.  The park is gorgeous, but what it makes up for in beauty it loses in modern comforts, such as water, electricity, and cell phone service.  We learn to take freezing 'teaspoon' showers and laugh about 'generator running hours', which we always seem to miss.  We race to find rangers so we can report bear sightings (we've had 3!) and take in the incredible beauty that surrounds us.  Two 7-mile hikes and a 7 hour 15-mile hike later, we are looking forward to joining civilization.  We all need a shower...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jessica!!!

What amazing pictures! We LOVE the new blog! Way to go! Looking forward to more exciting posts! We love and miss ya'll! God Bless!

Love From Texas,
Cousin Elizabeth

(and the whole family) :)

the life of xan said...

Hi Jessica,
I love the new blog(of course Chloe called me up and was SO happy that you got a blog)
So I thought that I would see it.
I have a blog to it is www.thelifeofsomeoneiknow.bolgspot.com
let me know what you think.

Sara said...

Wow...did Andy really say what I thought he said? haha, didn't see that coming, guess you're more like my family then I thought!...haha, that trip seemed pretty amazing though!
Sara